Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Swift 2.0 Support in NUCLIOS 15.2 (SR) - XCode 7.2 - and Linker Error
posted

Hello- 

I'm wondering if anyone has been able to get the Swift 2.0 support in NUCLIOS working - in particular I'm trying to integrate IGChart into my existing Swift 2.0 project, but I don't seem to be able to even just link in the IGChart.  I am running XCode 7.2 (7C68).

(To reproduce the problem, just create a blank single-page app in XCODE using Swift, Add the IG and IGChart libraries as embedded binaries, and try to compile - I continually get a Linker  error "Linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)"  IN expanding the message within the issue navigator, there is a message that the "Framework not found IG")

I have found a workaround - and it may just indicate a bug in XCode.  The basic idea is that for manually-added frameworks, within a Swift project, the Framework search path is not automatically added. You have to locate the Frameworks Search Path in the build settings - and add the path.  

NOTE: in my case the path to my NUCLIOS install includes a space in the name of one of the components of the path - meaning I had to enclose the path in quotes.  Once I did that, it seems to stop compaining!

However, I do wonder if I am missing a step here.  

If anyone else has been able to get this working a different way, please let me know.

Thanks!