Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraGrid cannot create child rows when bound to parent/child data set (can edit child records, can't create new)
posted

Good Day!

I must be missing something, as i have a data source bound to a parent/child table. When creating a new record in the parent band, it works great. However when I try to create a record in the child band nothing happens and all of the values I filled in disappear leaving a blank row in the grid and nothing in the child table.

When I check the tables, there is a new row for the parent but nothing for the child. 

To get everything set up I have:

1. set the bindingSource to AutoUpdate and the UltraGrid is set to AllowRowAdding. 
  2. I have set the bindingSource:HANDLE to my dataset that has all the data. 

The child band is able to edit existing records just fine, however, it seems to fail when creating new ones. 

I haven't done anything special, and yet the parent band creates records fine ... is there something I am missing?