Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Migration from 11.1 to 13.2
posted

I am trying to migrate an application that uses the 11.1 version of Infragistics to the latest version 13.2 and I have several questions:

1) I understand that in order to run the automatic upgrader, I need to already have the classic controls replaced with the new ones “manually”. Of course, the application won’t compile, since the new controls don’t  exist in the old dlls that are still referenced in my application. Having said that, how can I know if what I am doing is right if I can’t compile my application?  How can I know how exactly each control is migrated?

2) As a possible solution for that issue, I decided to first replace all my 11.1 dlls with my 13.2 ones, and of course, I need to change the references, but here’s the thing, I can’t seem to find the correlation between the old dlls and the new ones, I mean, which new dll is the replacement for the old one. The same thing happens with the controls, for example, I have a UltraWebTab that should be replaced with the WebTab, but I have no idea whatsoever in which dll that control is, and that is happening with all de controls I have to replace.

3) Once I change the reference to the new dlls, how can I know exactly which number version the dlls are? For example, my previous version is 11.1.20111.1006

I really hope you can point me in the right direction, or to a good detailed documentation on how the controls must be replaced, because I am pretty lost in here, and I can’t seem to find anywhere the information I need in order to achieve a successful migration.

Thank you very much in advance for the help and I look forward to your answer.

Regards.

Nicole