Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Object data source
posted

Hi,

I have developed a report with Object Data Source. I created a WinForm with UltraReportViewer to display the report. The WinForm, the report and the method returning the data are in the same dll. During design the report successfully loaded data.

The dll must be called by COM object which will show the WinForm and they are located in their own folder. When I started the form I got the following error by the report viewer:

Infragistics.Reports.Engine.EngineException: Error in DataContext =DataSources.Infrastructure. ---> Infragistics.Reports.Engine.Data.EngineDataException: Could not find information for type 'REPORTS_Lib.Reports, REPORTS_LIB'. Please make sure that the assemblies are present.

at Infragistics.Reports.Engine.Data.ObjectDataProvider.Execute()

at Infragistics.Reports.Engine.Data.ReportDataSourceManager.CreateReportDataSource(DataSource dataSource)

at Infragistics.Reports.Engine.Data.ReportDataSourceManager.GetReportDataSource(DataSource reportDataSource)

at Infragistics.Reports.Engine.Planner.GetDataSourceFor(DataSource dataSource)

at Infragistics.Reports.Expressions.RuntimeEvaluationContext.<>c__DisplayClass2.b__1()

at Infragistics.Reports.Expressions.EvaluatorHelper.Accessor(Object target, String propertyName, Boolean onParent, Boolean scaleUp)

at lambda_method(Closure , IRuntimeEvaluationContext )

at Infragistics.Reports.Expressions.EvaluatorVisitor.Evaluate(Expression expression)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

An error occurred while binding an expression.

I debugged the code and found that the RenderSettings.DefinitionUri was OK and the parameters were passed successfully.

What should I look for?