Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problems after update: Does the design time license work for a specific version only?
posted

Hi,

we have some troubles with the design time license for the Windows Forms Controls. We are working with ig WinForms 13.2. We use the specific version 13.2.20132.1000 in our products. Now we have the situation, that we have a new installation of the ig Controls 13.2. The product has been installed with updates. So the installed ig version is 13.2.20132.2016 (or newer).

The problem is now, that forms cannot be edited in the VS designer. Everything is locked and it seems that VS cannot find the design time license. So, what can we do? Keeping the same version on every computer? Can't we use the new 13.2 in projects where older versions of 13.2 are used? Is a design time license explicit for only one specific version? Since I have a license for 13.2, why can't this license be used to work with 20132.1000 on one machine and with version 20132.2016 on another machine?

Would be great if you can help me fast!

Many thanks in advance!

Robin

Offline posted

Hi Robin,

Thank you contacting Infragistics Developer Support.

Could you please try the steps below:

1. Open your Reference folder

2. Remove all Infragistics assemblies that refer older version (different from version 13.2) / Remove duplicate assemblies

3. Select all Infragistics assemblies and open your Properties window in VS

4. Set "Specific Version" = False and "Copy Local" = False

5. Open your licenses.licx file and delete all content related with Infragistics. Save changes.

6. Repeat steps from point 1 to point 5 for all projects in your solution

8. Clean your Solution

9. Rebuild your solution

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Offline posted

Hello Robin,

I am just checking about the progress of this issue. Let me know if you need my further assistance on this issue.

Thank you for using Infragistics Components.