Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Building Grid after OPTIONS response
posted

Hi,

I'm using Ignite-UI-Angular 2 and currently stuck on the following problem.
Basically, I want to "update" whats inside the columns-property of my grid options. So starting my app the grid is building with a default column setup and no data provided. I wanna have the ability for every user to store the grid options (size and visibility of columns) in the database. So actually what I need to do is as the grid is initializing is to request if there is a value for that options in my database and return a response. If there is no value, build the grid with the default columns, if yes, build the grid with the options from the database.

My first thought was, I can dynamically change the content of the grid (I'm loading the data into DataSource after initialization). So WHY shouldn't that be possible with the column headers? But after now 8 hours of experimenting and throwing hundreds of search requests into google I haven't found a solution.

So I need to know: Is there ANY possibility to eighter update my columns-property or initializing my grid AFTER I have got the response from my service function?

Regards,
Markus

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi Markus,

Thank you for posting in our forums!

Could you please provide more information about how your Angular components and app are set up?  Particularly regarding my following questions.

1. Are you initializing the igGrid through the directives, or through the component's constructor, etc...
    2. What kind of service are you using that is returning the options?
    3. Could this service get the user's settings from the database and return the correct settings up front?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Children