Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamDataGrid -> Slow row count with datatable and lots of rows
posted

Hello!

To show data in my XamDataGrid, I am using a Datatable, that is bound to the XamDataGrid. This works fine. 

While testing, I recognized the following problem:

As you can see in the picture below, I let the XamDataGrid show me the count of the rows of the second column. 

Currently, there are about 1 million rows (I am testing worst cases), and when I check the box, to get the count, it takes abaout 20 seconds until I get the result. In a previous version of my code, instead of a datatable I used an ObservableCollection. In this case, to get the count, it only needs about 2 seconds. So what is the difference between datatable and ObservableCollection? How can I speed up this? What am I doing wrong? 

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Nicolas,

I have been investigating into the issue you are seeing, but I am unable to reproduce a behavior where it takes a long time to evaluate a Count summary with around 1 million records as the times between the ObservableCollection and DataTable are similar on my end.

I am attaching the sample project I used to test this. Please test this project on your PC; whether or not it works correctly may help indicate the nature of this problem.

If the project does not work correctly, this indicates either a problem possibly specific to your environment, or a difference in the DLL versions we are using.  My test was performed using version 21.1.20211.27 in Infragistics for WPF 2021 Volume 1.

If the project does show the product feature working correctly, this indicates a possible problem in the code of your application.  It will help if you can provide a small, isolated sample application that demonstrates the behavior you are seeing.

Or, if this sample project is not an accurate demonstration of what you're trying to do, please feel free to modify it and send it back or send a small sample project of your own if you have one.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

XDGSummaryCountTest.zip

Reply Children