Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Filter IgxRowIsland inside Hierarchical Grid through API
posted

I need to filter every sub grid, searching for a particular string. My app has an input and a hierarchical grid similar to the one in the following example: https://www.infragistics.com/products/ignite-ui-angular/angular/components/hierarchicalgrid/filtering

For example, every album in every sub grid that contains the word "house". Is there a way to filter programatically sub grids inside the hierarchical grid? 

I've tried naming the row island and calling filter() and filterGlobal() methods with no success.

Thanks

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out.

While filtering the grids is possible, searching for the results will be a lot more complicated.

Please have a look at the following sample, where you can see how to filter subgrids:

https://stackblitz.com/edit/hierarchicalgrid-filter-chldren?file=src%2Fapp%2Fhierarchical-grid%2Fhierarchical-grid-filtering%2Fhierarchical-grid-filtering.component.ts

While this will technically filter the grid, it will not search for the results, and searching rather than filtering at this point is a feature request. You can submit feature request in our GitHub repository here

Remember when submitting your idea to explain the context in which a feature would be used and why it is needed as well as anything that would prevent you from accomplishing this today. You can even add screenshots to build a stronger case.

This will give you the opportunity do directly communicate with our development team regarding the issue and get notifications whenever a new information is available.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Sincerely,
    Tihomir Tonev
    Associate Software Developer
    Infragistics

Reply Children