Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
igx-grid endEdit no longer returns a value
posted

We have just upgraded from version 10 to 14. In the process, we discovered that although the grid's crud service still returns true if the end cell editing event is cancelled, this return value is not passed back in the grid's endEdit method.

Knowing whether or not end cell editing has been cancelled is a critical part of our application's functionality. We absolutely cannot let the user proceed with other operations (navigating away from the page, printing the records, etc) if the cell is still in edit mode and the user's changes have not been persisted.

Please restore the return value for endEdit as soon as possible

Parents Reply
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted in reply to Lance Tressler

Hello,

After discussing this with our development team, I have logged the behavior in our GitHub repository here. Any concerns or questions that you have can be directly addressed in the issue, which will give you the opportunity to directly communicate with the development team.

In order to receive a notification whenever new information is available please make sure that you are subscribed to the issue. This can be achieved via the “Subscribe” button.

In addition, I could say that currently, we are working on the issue in order to have fix as soon as possible. However, please note that the supported versions of igniteui-angular at this point are 15.1 and 16.0. If updating to any of these versions is not an option for you, we could provide a patch for version 14.2, however, please keep in mind that this would be outside of the standard procedure and could be considered as an exception.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance regarding this matter.

Sincerely,
    Teodosia Hristodorova
    Software Developer

Children