Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Tooltips for Jquery grid headers
posted

Is there a way to get tooltips for the grid headers and not the data cells? 

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Nick,

I have been looking into your question and currently we don’t provide a build in tooltips for the headers of the igGrid, it supports custom tooltips through the Tooltips feature only for data cells.

However, what I could suggest as an approach to achieve your requirements and add a tooltip for the column headers after you create the igGrid you should add "title" attribute to the "th" element of the column. Each "th" element has "id" attribute which has the following structure "<gridId>_<columnKey>" where <gridId> is the id of the grid and <columnKey> is the key of the column.

$("# gridId_ColumnKey").attr("title", "Your custom text.");

The described scenario could be observed here:

In addition, I have prepared small sample illustrating this behavior which could be found here. Please test it on your side and let me know how it behaves.

If you require any further assistance on the matter, please let me know.

Regards,

Georgi Anastasov

Entry Level Software Developer

Infragistics

Offline posted

Yes, it is possible to have tooltips specifically for grid headers and not the data cells bitlife. The exact implementation may depend on the specific grid library or framework you are using for your application.

Offline posted

Use jQuery to attach the tooltip functionality to the grid header incredibox elements. You can achieve this by selecting the grid header elements using a jQuery selector and then calling a tooltip method or function on those elements.

Offline posted

Just include headertitles:true option in your jqGrid definition. UPDATED: If you want set custom tooltip on a column header as a ReactJS developer we've been told like this only

Offline posted

Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. Minecraft PE Apk