Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
IgniteUI Trial Version... again...
posted

My MVC app now displays "IgniteUI Trial Version" in the lower-right corner of the browser window.

I believe this happened when I selected "Manage NuGet Packages" and updated from version 21.2.9 to 21.2.13. Big mistake!

I never intentionally installed the trial version. I never intentionally downloaded a trial version. All my Infragistics software is licensed.

How do I fix this?

BTW, this is pretty annoying. There must be a more reliable way to handle trial software.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello,

After investigating this further, I have determined that a possible reason for the trial watermark could be if the credentials for the Infragistics account were not provided when the package was installed. What I could suggest is deleting all Infragistics files from the project, deinstalling the Infragistics package and clearing the nugget cache. The nugget cache could be cleared from Tools > NuGet Package Manager > Package Manager Settings menu command, then select Clear All NuGet Cache(s). More information and a step by step guide could be found in the following link.

Additionally the following folder also contains cached nugget packages, and could be deleted as well.

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\.nuget\packages

After all Infragistics files are removed from the project IgniteUI could be reinstalled. When installing IgniteUI for jQuery the credentials for infragistics.com should be provided in order to access the licensed version of the product. The dialog window where the username and password should be provided could be displayed by right clicking on the project and selecting "Manage Nuget Packages".

Inside the NuGet packages manager dialog you will need to select "Infragistics feed" as your Package Source and you will get prompted for a user/password where you will need to use your infragistics.com credentials.

After authenticating you will get a list of the packages that are available to install. When you pick a package, you get the required assemblies installed in the project and the packages.config is updated with the installed packages.

More information regarding installing IgniteUI for jQuery could be found in the following topic.

Please test it on your side and let me know if you need any further information regarding this matter.

Regards,
    Monika Kirkova,
    Infragistics

Reply Children