I wonder if you can help - I am busy evaluating igPivotGrid and I have followed the sample and created a flat datasource and bound to it
I now wish to update the datasource based on a click event - without effecting the layout, measurements etc already in place - I just want the data to be updated
I can't seem to to this - as the flatdatasource does not have this ability ?
How can this be done without completely recreating the control or the datasource
Hello UI Developer,
Thank you for posting in our forum.
It appears that currently changing only the data source option of the OlapFlatDataSource is not supported.
The whole $.ig.OlapFlatDataSource instance will need to be re-created with all the additional metadata options .
Due to that currently dynamically changing the data of the igOlapFlatDataSource is not possible, however if you would like to see it implemented in future versions you can log this as a new product idea. You can suggest new product ideas for future versions (or vote for existing ones) at <http://ideas.infragistics.com>.
Steps to create your idea:
1. Log into the Infragistics Product Ideas site at http://ideas.infragistics.com (creating a new login if needed).
2. Navigate to the product / platform channel of your choice (e.g. WPF, Windows Forms, ASP.NET, HTML5 / Ignite UI, iOS / NucliOS, etc.)
3. Add your product idea and be sure to be specific and provide as much detail as possible. Explain the context in which a feature would be used, why it is needed, why it can’t be accomplished today, and who would benefit from it. You can even add screenshots to build a stronger case. Remember that for your suggestion to be successful, you need other members of the community to vote for it. Be convincing!
The benefits of submitting the product idea yourself include:
- Direct communication with our product management team regarding your product idea.
- Notifications whenever new information regarding your idea becomes available.
Additional benefits of the product idea system include:
- Ability to vote on your favorite product ideas to let us know which ones are the most important to you. You will have ten votes for this and can change which ideas you are voting for at any time.
- Allow you to shape the future of our products by requesting new controls and products altogether.
- You and other developers can discuss existing product ideas with members of our Product Management team.
The product ideas site allows you to track the progress of your ideas at any time, see how many votes it got, read comments from other developers in the community, and see if someone from the product team has additional questions for you.
Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.
Developer Support Engineer II
I have a igpivotview with cube and dimensions defined. I want to attach an updated datasource (json) at runtime.
Is this doable in version IGNiteUI 16.1 version ?