Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Issues with Navigation Drawer in App Builder
posted

Hello,

I hope this is the correct forum for this question…

I have created a project within App Builder and generated the code and then created the project in VS Code. Most things have gone ok but I have one or two issues - the main one at the moment is that the navigation items within the igx-nav-drawer are not highlighting when active. Clicking an item goes to to corresponding page but the item does not show as active.

Inspection of my code shows that the nav item has this class: igx-nav-drawer__item

but as the active item it should be appended with "--active" like this: igx-nav-drawer__item--active

This works perfectly in App Builder but not in the generated code. Can you please advise how to rectify this?

Thanks

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi, Ross.

This is a good place!

For now, to get the correct styles applied, you can add the following code to the nav-drawer item in the generated app. I am using a generic nav drawer item, and you can adapt it for your usage. 

The bolded portion can be anything you want to call it as long as they match.

<span [isHeader]="false" igxDrawerItem routerLink="/view1" 
     routerLinkActive #view1="routerLinkActive" [active]="view1.isActive">
Children