Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
toolbar in IE8, webschedule?
posted

We are using webSchedule 9.2, and on the AppointmentAdd.aspx page it uses a webToolBar.  in IE8 it does not render properly - the buttons are misaligned - save, recurrence etc.

I am posting here under the toolbar because it appears the toolbar is the culprit!  IT is rendering a table using <colgroup> and <col>.  When creating an appointment, the delete button is hidden.  THe toolbar seems to be trying to do this by setting the <col> to display:hiden visibility:none.  However IE8 is ignoring these styles rules!

After much googling I found that if I edit the AppointmentAdd.aspx and change the DOCTYPE from

!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"

to

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"

it works.

It's strange my googling has revealed that in some cases using TABLE-LAYOUT:FIXED solves the problem, and that is actually on the ig:Toolbar tag:

<igtbar:UltraWebToolbar id="UltraWebToolbar2" style="TABLE-LAYOUT: fixed" runat="server" CssClass="Fonts" Width="100%" ImageDirectory=" " ItemWidthDefault=" " tabIndex="0" Section508Compliant="True">

and the HTML 4.0 doctype line is also in the code, but commented out.  Was IE8 testing not completed before this was shipped ROFL ????

I know we are back a version or two, on the initial release of 9.2, is this fixed in 10.1?