Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDropDown closes after scroll in chrome and ff
posted

Infragistics45.Web.v13.2  (13.2.20132.2077)

If I create a WebDropDown with enough items such that the scrollbar appears, then when I scroll the list with the mouse in internet explorer 11, I find that the webdropdown does not close when I mouse up off the scroll bar.

However, in Chrome and Firefox, when I mouse up after scrolling, the WebDropDown will close. I would expect the list to remain visible after scrolling in Chrome and Firefox.

Example:

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="WebForm1.aspx.vb" Inherits="WebApplication4.WebForm1" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Infragistics45.Web.v13.2, Version=13.2.20132.2077, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb" Namespace="Infragistics.Web.UI.ListControls" TagPrefix="ig" %>
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
  <title></title>
</head>
<body>
  <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
    </div>
    <asp:ScriptManager runat="server">
    </asp:ScriptManager>
    <ig:WebDropDown ID="WebDropDown1" runat="server" Width="200px">
      <Items>
        <ig:DropDownItem Selected="False" Text="Albatross" Value="" />
        <ig:DropDownItem Selected="False" Text="Blackbird" Value="" />
        <ig:DropDownItem Selected="False" Text="Cormorant" Value="" />
        <ig:DropDownItem Selected="False" Text="Dunnock" Value="" />
        <ig:DropDownItem Selected="False" Text="Eagle" Value="" />
        <ig:DropDownItem Selected="False" Text="Flycatcher" Value="" />
        <ig:DropDownItem Selected="False" Text="Goldfinch" Value="" />
        <ig:DropDownItem Selected="False" Text="Hoopoe" Value="" />
        <ig:DropDownItem Selected="False" Text="Iceland Gull" Value="" />
        <ig:DropDownItem Selected="False" Text="Jay" Value="" />
        <ig:DropDownItem Selected="False" Text="Kestrel" Value="" />
        <ig:DropDownItem Selected="False" Text="Lapwing" Value="" />
      </Items>
    </ig:WebDropDown>
  </form>
</body>
</html>

posted

Hello Johnathanhartesg,

Thank you for posting to Infragistics forums.

This issue has been reported and logged internally with the ID 166043.  I have linked your case to this development issue. The next step will be for a developer to review my investigation and confirm my findings or to offer a fix, or other resolution. 

I will update you with any new information after the review.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Verified Answer
    posted

Hello Jonathan,

Issue  has been addressed in service release versions ASP.NET_14.1.20141.1015, ASP.NET_13.2.20132.2109, ASP.NET_13.1.20131.2271.

The following additional notes have been provided regarding this issue:

When WebDropDown property "EnableAnimations" is set to false and when an item is clicked, then the drop down doesn't collapse.

This service release is now available under your account at the Infragistics Website. To download the service release, log in to ‘Account’ and select ‘Keys & Downloads’. Select the appropriate tab for this product; then the license key.  The available service releases (Hot Fixes) should now be listed on the page.