Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Incorrect DateTime-Value-Tooltips in certain circumstances
posted

Hi,

I'm using WebSlider (11.1 NET.40) to select dates in the past.

Code snippet:

int dateperiod = 30;

WebSlider.MajorTicks = dateperiod;

WebSlider.MinorTicks = 1;
WebSlider.MinValue DateTime.Now.Date.AddDays(-dateperiod);
WebSlider.MaxValue = DateTime.Now;
WebSlider.Value = DateTime.Now;

In certain cirumstances the sliders valuelabel property (tooltip) shows incorrect values. For example when selecting “03/30/2012” the valuelabel property is set to  "04/28/2012”, but the value property contains the correct value.

When setting the dateperiod to 28 days the valuelabel property contains correct values as well.

Is this a known bug?

Kind regards

Dominik

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi grueningd,

I was unable to reproduce the behavior you're describing.  I set up a WebSlider to show the DateTime, and to display the ValueLabel for it and added your provided code to Page_Load.  I also added a normal label to watch the Value property as it changed, as you said it displayed correctly.  When I ran my sample, as I changed the slider, the ValueLabel matched the normal label I added.

I have attached the sample project I used to test this.  Please test this project on your PC; whether or not it works correctly may help indicate the nature of this problem.

If the project does not work correctly, this indicates either a problem possibly specific to your environment, or a difference in the DLL versions we are using.  My test was performed using version 11.1.20111.2178 in NetAdvantage for ASP.NET 2011 Volume 1.

If the project does show the product feature working correctly, this indicates a possible problem in the code of your application.  It will help if you can provide a small, isolated sample application that demonstrates the behavior you are seeing.

Or, if this sample project is not an accurate demonstration of what you're trying to do, please feel free to modify it and send it back, or send a small sample project of your own if you have one.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

IncorrectTooltipValues.zip
Reply Children