Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Scrollbar Flicker
posted

This is tough to explain.

When I click an ExplorerBarItem,  the entire WebExplorerBar control shifts to the left briefly (while the postback is happening) and then repositions itself to how it should be.

I think I know what's happening: The width it shifts to the left looks like the width of the scrollbar, but you don't actually see a scrollbar. In other words, I think the scrollbar is pushing the content to the left briefly while it tries to determine if it needs a scrollbar. But on the postback I'm rebuilding the contents of the WebExplorerBar, so it goes away. 

I'm trying to stop this from happening.

Another example is when you click on a disabled ExplorerBarItem; the push to the left happens but it stays in that state because there's no postback. From this we know it's client-side behavior.

I'm using NetAdvantage, Version=13.1.20131.2157

Is this possible? Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hell sdl,

Thank you for posting in our community.

I created a small sample, following the steps that you provided but I was unable to reproduce the behavior that you are describing. I am using version 13.1.20131.2157.

Please note that this is not the latest service release for version 13.1. What I can suggest is downloading the latest service release available, which currently is 13.1.20131.2331. This could be achieved by following these steps:

1) Go to our web site www.infragistics.com and log with your account.

2) Click Support/Account in the top right corner of the page

3) You will see Welcome, [Your name] on the top of the menu that will appear. Click on the Welcome word.

4) This will lead you to My Keys&Downloads section. Select your product from the list

Under the Service Releases tab you will find the latest service release available for download.

Please test this with the latest version and let me know what us the result.

I tested my sample with latest version of Chrome, Internet Explorer 11 and Firefox browsers.

I am attaching my sample for your reference. Please test this sample on your side. Whether or not it works correctly may help indicate the nature of this issue.

If this is not an accurate demonstration of what you are trying to achieve please feel free to modify my sample, in order to reproduce the issue, and send it back to me.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance with this matter.

WEBScroll.zip
Reply Children