Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
JScript Errors when opening appointments
posted

Hello,

I am attempting to use WebMonthView and associated controls for scheduling.  When I double-click on a date to open the appointment dialog, I get the following error:

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object expected

This occurs in AppointmentAdd.aspx on the line:

<body class="FormBackground" onload="AppointmentAddLoad()" style="overflow:hidden;PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" bottomMargin="0" leftMargin="0" topMargin="0" rightMargin="0" XMLNS:igtab="http://schemas.infragistics.com/ASPNET/WebControls/UltraWebTab" XMLNS:igtbar

="http://schemas.infragistics.com/ASPNET/WebControls/UltraWebToolbar">

The onload function AppointmentAddLoad is highlighted.  I am not able to debug into AppointmentAddLoad to determine what is happening.

I first encountered the error while attempting to use the controls in a new web application I am developing using NetAdvantage 2010.1.  I upgraded to 2010.2 and then 2010.3 and still get the error.

Next I downloaded and ran the samples.  To my surprise, they each ran perfectly.

I thought perhaps the problem had to do with the fact that initially I was not creating a data provider for the WebScheduleInfo object.  I do not want the UI talking directly to the database, so I decided that a generic data provider talking to a dataset would be best.  I created a test application to attempt this, and followed the directions in the online documentation article "WebSchedule Binding to a Data Set with WebScheduleGenericDataProvider".  The code appears to match the article's directions, but I am getting exactly the same error.

Why do the samples work but my code does not?

I'd appreciate any thoughts anyone might have.

Doug

Parents
No Data
    posted

Just a piece of additional information.  I believe the Samples, when they run, are using a standalone server similar to the development server in Visual Studio.  The code I am having trouble with is running on my local machine's instance of IIS.

I have seen articles talking about ensuring that the AXD mappings are set to allow scripts to run.  I believe they are, but I'm concerned that there is some other setting in IIS that I am missing.

Children