Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Unable to set background color of UltraNumericEditor with resource
posted

Hi,

I am trying to set the backgound color of a UltraNumericEditor by setting the Appearance.StyleResourceName to a resource that has

the Border and background colors set to a red color to indicate a error condition.

I have the ResolutionOrder for the UltraNumericEditor set to ControlThenApplication in the AppStylist.

When I apply the style I see the border color applied to the control, but the background color is not set.

I use the same resource on UltraTextEditors and it works like I expect. 

Is there something that I am missing?

Thanks

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi Harlan,

When using the ControlThenApplication resolution order, the most likely reason that styling doesn't take effect is because the control applies some type of style and the ResolutionOrder is giving the control precedence. If there's any code in the control to set up a default background color, that would mean the Style doesn't get a chance to modify it. How does the editor look if you change the resolution order?

I'd also like to know a bit more about how you are using styling? What effect are you going for and why are you using ControlThenApplication? Please let me know.

Reply Children