Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ITreeNodeColumn Masking
posted

Hello,

I have a request to display and accept negative numbers as numbers with parenthesis, for example, (450) represents -450

Does InputMask property support parenthesis in mask?

Please help ...

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Yogi,

My team and I have done an initial review of this issue, and I am a little unsure of what exactly you are looking to achieve. I have looked through our Windows Forms APIs and have not found any trace of an ITreeNodeColumn, and so I am not entirely sure what exactly that is. From your description, though, it sounds like you are looking to apply a Mask where if the value is within parenthesis, the editor that you are applying it to will evaluate it as a negative value?

If this is the case, this is not supported out of the box. There is no Mask that I know of that will allow you to have an input in parenthesis and evaluate that as a negative number.

I did notice that the UltraTextEditor is tagged in this forum thread. If you are using an UltraTextEditor, I don’t believe you will be able to apply a Mask anyway, as this editor cannot be masked. Assuming you are using this editor type, my best recommendation in this case would be to handle the ValueChanged event and parse the Value of the UltraTextEditor. If it is contained in parenthesis, set the Value of the editor to be the negative value of what is within those parenthesis.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Children