Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraGrid collapse group by row but still show one row
posted

Hi,

I want to replace the "collapse-action" when pressing the minus symbol next to the group by row to still show one  of its child rows.
When pressing again (like normal) it should show all rows in the group again.

Is there a provided way to do this?

Or do I have to get the "minus"-Button-clicked-Event and hide the rows manually? (if it is possible to override/get the events)

best regards

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello,

Currently there is no build in functionality that comes out of the box to handle this request. You can submit a new product idea on our website if you would like to see it implemented.

Implementing this may proove to be more complicated than just getting the ExpansionIndicatorUIElement event clicked, as this element is a [+] at the beginning, and once the band is expanded, it changes to [-]. If you get to the expanding/collapsing events and cancel them to apply your own logic, as the event is cancelled, the state of the indicator will not change as well. This means if you cancel expanding, you will not be able to collapse at all.

If I could suggest, adding a button column at the beginning of the grid with this functionality might be much lighter task to do. You could shape the buttons to look like expansion buttons and hide the Grid's expansion UI elements, so it can look almost the same.

Sincerely,
    Tihomir Tonev
    Associate Software Developer
    Infragistics

Children