Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWinTree DataBinding / Changing Node Text
posted

Hi,

I have a problem relating to the displayed node text associated with a databound treeview control with a standard viewstyle. In this scenario, the underlying business object ( bound to the treeview via a bindingsource ) has a number of child collections associated with it. When the tree creates its node hierarchy ( and in turn generates its column sets ) it uses the property names of the underlying collections for the displayed node text. As this isn't very user friendly I want to be able to override it and change it for something more helpful to the user. For all subsequent child nodes associated with each collection, its easy to select the required field via the column set editor, but for the collection properties themselves I can't seem to be able to override the default behaviour.

Any suggestions / advice would be most welcome!

Many thanks,

Nick   

Parents
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Handle ColumnSetGenerated and set the UltraTreeColumnSet.NodeTextColumn property to reference the column that you want to provide the node text.

Reply Children