Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraChart DataSource Multiple Series
posted

There are different ways about how the data of a Infragistics Linechart can be initialized. However, I would like to use its Property 'DataSource' and format the data before, since I already use this for other charts too.

So I would prefer this way:

UltraChart1.DataSource = myDataSource

Against this (Whole example with NumericTimeSeries is here)

Dim series1 As New NumericTimeSeries series1.Label = "Series1" series1.Points.Add(New NumericTimeDataPoint(DateTime.Now.AddMonths(-4), 12346, "Januar", True)) series1.Points.Add(New NumericTimeDataPoint(DateTime.Now.AddMonths(-3), 10000, "Februar", True)) series1.Points.Add(New NumericTimeDataPoint(DateTime.Now.AddMonths(-2), 14000, "März", True)) series1.Points.Add(New NumericTimeDataPoint(DateTime.Now.AddMonths(-1), 18000, "April", True)) series1.Points.Add(New NumericTimeDataPoint(DateTime.Now.AddMonths(10), 800, "Mai", True)) Dim series2 As New NumericTimeSeries series2.Label = "Series2" series2.Points.Add(New NumericTimeDataPoint(DateTime.Now.AddMonths(-8), 500, "Januar", True)) series2.Points.Add(New NumericTimeDataPoint(DateTime.Now.AddMonths(-6), 350, "Februar", True)) series2.Points.Add(New NumericTimeDataPoint(DateTime.Now.AddMonths(-4), 600, "März", True)) series2.Points.Add(New NumericTimeDataPoint(DateTime.Now.AddMonths(-2), 800, "April", True)) series2.Points.Add(New NumericTimeDataPoint(DateTime.Now.AddMonths(10), 800, "Mai", True)) UltraChart1.Series.Add(series1) UltraChart1.Series.Add(series2)

However, my question is of how to format the DataSource, that it actually shows up more than one series.

No matter what I try, I'm only getting one Series in the Linechart.

The result should look something like this

We are using an abstract of a datatable, which works fine for the other ChartTypes (PieChart, BarChart, etc.). A good example of how to achieve this, would really be appreciated.

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hello Fabian,

There are different approaches to solve this task. Here are few possible options:

Option 1: You could create a one or more series and bind each of them using the code:

series2 = new NumericSeries();

series2.DataBind(dt,"2008", "Month");

series2.Label ="Year 2008";

series2.PEs.Add(new PaintElement(Color.Blue));

myColumnLayer.Series.Add(series2);

ultraChart1.CompositeChart.Series.Add(series2);

Option 2:

series3 =new NumericSeries();

series3.Data.DataSource = dt;

series3.Data.ValueColumn ="2009";

series3.Data.LabelColumn ="Month";

series3.Label ="Year 2009";

series3.PEs.Add(new PaintElement(Color.Yellow));

myColumnLayer.Series.Add(series3);

ultraChart1.CompositeChart.Series.Add(series3);

For more details, please take a look at the first attached sample where I`m using different series in a composite chart.

Option 3:

If you want to use direct DataSource property , you should specify the data type of your columns. Please take a look at the second sample for more details.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Children