Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UI freeze for 2~3 sec on loading
posted

hi team,

We are facing an issue with Xamdatagrid. While loading data into xamdatagrid UI freeze for few seconds. there is around 35000 records.

I want to load data without freezing the UI. if you can send any sample that will be good.

Required Dlls:

1: InfragisticsWPF4.DataPresenter.v15.1.dll

2:InfragisticsWPF4.Editors.v15.1.dll

3:InfragisticsWPF4.v15.1.dll

Debug.zip

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Suraj, 

Thank you for contacting Infragistics. Are you trying to expand all the records on load? I don't experience any delay when simply loading, in either 15.1 or 18.2, but if you are trying to expand then all the hierarchies then it would be noticeable. 

However, if you are trying to expand all the records, you can handle the grid's IntializeRecord event and  use a Dispatcher.BeginInvoke and perform one of the grid's commands called ToggleRecordIsExpanded. This will prevent any "lock-up" behavior you might be seeing. 

eg. 

private void XamDataGrid1_InitializeRecord(object sender, Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.Events.InitializeRecordEventArgs e)
            {
                Dispatcher.BeginInvoke((Action)(() =>
                {
                    XamDataGrid1.ExecuteCommand(DataPresenterCommands.ToggleRecordIsExpanded, e.Record);

}));
            }

I attached a sample, using your XML, that demonstrates this. Please review it and let me know how long it takes for the data to load or if you have any questions.

3542.WpfApp1.zip

Children