Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Undo/Redo of programmatic value changes
posted

I have enabled undo/redo and it works. Because of virtualization I want to be able to paste a whole column even if you cant see all the rows, by default XamDataGrid will just not paste to anything outside the view of the screen because of row virtualization, so I am manually intercepting the ClipboardPasting event, setting e.Cancel and e.Handled to true and going through each of the values being pasted and manually setting them by doing:

for (int fieldNum = 0; fieldNum < e.FieldCount; fieldNum++)

{

Field field = e.GetTargetField(fieldNum);

if (field.Settings.AllowEdit.Value == false)

continue;

for (int recordNum = 0; recordNum < e.RecordCount; recordNum++)

{

DataRecord record = e.GetTargetRecord(recordNum);

Cell cell = e.GetTargetCell(recordNum, fieldNum);

CellData myCell = ((RowData)record.DataItem).Cells[(int)field.Tag];

object originalValue = e.Values[recordNum, fieldNum].Value;

object newValue = null;

try

{

newValue = field.Converter.Convert(originalValue, field.Settings.EditAsType, null, null);

}

catch

{

MessageBox.Show(G.Window, 

"Unable to convert...", 

"Paste Error", 

MessageBoxButton.OK);

continue;

}

cell.IsActive = true;

CellValuePresenter.FromCell(cell).Value = newValue;

}

}

This works, but now the paste cannot be undone with ctrl+z, is there something you have to do to enable undo/redo to work after setting the CellValuePresenter.Value to something in code?

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello,

Which version of our product are you using. I tested this with the latest service release, and it works correctly. The cells that are virtualized (are outside the viewport of the XamDataGrid) are update with the pasted values correctly and you do not need custom logic for this. 

Children