Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Add Row in grouped XamDataGrid
posted

I have a data grid, in with AllowAddNew="true", which works fine. However, if I want to group the records (grouping is defined in xaml and then the grouping area is hidden), it is not possible to add new records anymore.

What i want for the user is to allow adding records in any group with the grouping fields automatically set to the correct values. Do i have chances to do that with xamdatagrid?

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello

After some research, the Ability to add new rows when the records are grouped, has been determined to be a new feature request.  I have sent your feature request directly to our product management team.  Our product team chooses new feature requests for development based on popular feedback from our customer base.  Infragistics continues to monitor application development for all of our products, so as trends appear in requested features, we can plan accordingly.

We value your input, and our philosophy is to enhance our toolset based on customer feedback.  If your feature is chosen for development, you will be notified at that time.  Your reference number for this feature request is FR13748.

If you would like to follow up on your feature request at a later point, you may contact Developer Support management via email.  Please include the reference number of your feature request in the subject and body of your email message.  You can reach Developer Support management through the following email address:  dsmanager@infragistics.com

Thank you for your request.

Sincerely,
    Valerie
    Developer Support Engineer
    Infragistics,Inc
    www.infragistics.com/support

Offline posted in reply to Louwrens Potgieter

Hello,

We have created a new products idea site where you can suggest new product ideas for future versions (or vote for existing ones) at <http://ideas.infragistics.com>.

If you are still interested in this feature, I suggest adding it to this site.

There are many benefits to submitting a product idea:

-            Direct communication with our product management team regarding your product idea.

-            Notifications whenever new information regarding your idea becomes available.

-            Ability to vote on your favorite product ideas to let us know which ones are the most important to you.  You will have ten votes for this and can change which ideas you are voting for at any time.

-            Allow you to shape the future of our products by requesting new controls and products altogether.

-            You and other developers can discuss existing product ideas with members of our Product Management team.

Steps to create your idea:

1. Log into the Infragistics Product Idea site at http://ideas.infragistics.com (creating a new login if needed).
    2. Navigate to the product / platform channel of your choice (e.g. WPF, Windows Forms, ASP.NET, HTML5 / Ignite UI, iOS / NucliOS, etc.)
    3. Add your product idea and be sure to be specific and provide as much detail as possible. Explain the context in which a feature would be used, why it is needed, why it can’t be accomplished today, and who would benefit from it. You can even add screenshots to build a stronger case. Remember that for your suggestion to be successful, you need other members of the community to vote for it. Be convincing!

The Product Idea site puts you in the driver’s seat and allows you to track the progress of your ideas at any time, see how many votes it got, read comments from other developers in the community, and see if someone from the product team has additional questions for you.

Sincerely,

Valerie

Developer Support Supervisor - XAML

Infragistics

www.infragistics.com/support

Children
No Data