Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ReferenceId: Valid values
posted

Hi,

in our old (winforms) application we used the ultracalcmanager. We were able to specify strings like "AV Vmax [m/s]_" as alias. These string would be converted to something like "AV Vmax \[m\/s\]_" and we were able to use them in the formulas like so: "[//AV Vmax \[m\/s\]_]".

We migrated to wpf and were trying to reuse the formulas. But for some reason it seams that you cannot use "[" or "]" as valid values within the referenceId (Object ControlCalculationSettings). If I remove those characters form my formula and the referenceIds the formula works but if I leave them in the value will not be calculated.

Am I correct with this observation? If so how can I get my old formulas to work?

Regards
Johannes 

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi again,

I did some further digging and it seams that if you try to escape a character like so: "\<char>" the referenceId is not recognized. So the problem is not specific to "[" ord "]" but to all the characters that need to be escaped. http://help.infragistics.com/Help/NetAdvantage/WPF/2012.1/CLR4.0/html/InfragisticsWPF4.Calculations.XamCalculationManager.v12.1~Infragistics.Calculations.NamedReference~ReferenceId.html list a couple characters. I havn't tried them all but I can say that it does not work for "=", "(", ")", "[" and "]". So I assume that it will not work for the remaining characters either.

Regards
    Johannes 

Children