Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Data Binding in the Code-Behind
posted

Hi -

I'm trying to bind to a XamComboEditor and a XamMultiColumnComboEditor in the code behind of my vb.net project. If possible, I want to do this binding in a similar fashion to how I bind a WPF combobox. Here is some of the code (I've also attached the entire project):

Imports Infragistics.Controls.Editors

Class MainWindow

Dim oQuizard As New ELQuizard

Private Sub Window_Loaded(sender As System.Object, e As System.Windows.RoutedEventArgsHandles MyBase.Loaded

Dim cln As New List(Of ELTester)
        cln.Add(New ELTester() With {.Id = Guid.Parse("F58D56AB-DF79-45E1-8574-95C5A7376FC1"), .Name = "Jon", .FormalName = "Jonathan"})
        cln.Add(New ELTester() With {.Id = Guid.Parse("FE72300E-B8D2-4437-A42E-BA5FCC820DD2"), .Name = "Steve", .FormalName = "Stephen"})
        cln.Add(New ELTester() With {.Id = Guid.Parse("C506CD74-27D6-43D0-9BE9-70959F660151"), .Name = "***", .FormalName = "Richard"})

'---------------

'wpf combobox
        ComboBox1.ItemsSource = cln
        ComboBox1.DisplayMemberPath = "Name"

'ComboBox1.SelectedValuePath = "Id"
        'Dim oBinding As New Binding("Id")

'ComboBox1.SelectedValuePath = "Name"
        'Dim oBinding As New Binding("QuizName")

ComboBox1.SelectedValuePath = "FormalName"
        Dim oComboBox1Binding As New Binding("QuizFormalName")

oComboBox1Binding.UpdateSourceTrigger = UpdateSourceTrigger.PropertyChanged
        ComboBox1.SetBinding(ComboBox.SelectedValueProperty, oComboBox1Binding)

'---------------

'infragistics comboeditor
        XamComboEditor1.ItemsSource = cln
        XamComboEditor1.DisplayMemberPath = "Name"

XamComboEditor1.ValuePath = "FormalName"
        Dim oXamComboEditor1Binding As New Binding("QuizFormalName")

'oXamComboEditor1Binding.Source = oQuizard
        XamComboEditor1.SetBinding(XamComboEditor.SelectedItemProperty, oXamComboEditor1Binding)

'---------------

'infragistics multicol comboeditor
        XamMultiColumnComboEditor1.AutoGenerateColumns = True
        XamMultiColumnComboEditor1.ItemsSource = cln

End Sub

'When the user clicks this button I want all three comboboxes to show their new values
    Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As System.Object, e As System.Windows.RoutedEventArgsHandles Button1.Click

With oQuizard
            .Id = Guid.Parse("F58D56AB-DF79-45E1-8574-95C5A7376FC1")
            .QuizName = "***"
            .QuizFormalName = "Stephen"
        End With

Me.DataContext = oQuizard

End Sub
End Class
ComboBinding.zip
Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking into and the sample you have sent and I modify it, so now it works as you want. Basically the XamComboEditor and XamMultiColumnComboEditor’ SelectedItem should be bound to an item from their ItemsSource. Also XamComboEditor’s SelectedItem Property is readonly and should use OneWay Binding.

Hope this helps you.

ComboBinding.zip
Reply Children