Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How can I put my Settings UI into the Office menu area?
posted

I have a ribbon window, with rounded Office menu. Recent file functionality is working correctly when the user clicks on the Office menu button (not shown in the picture)

- I would like to show my settings UI (preferably implemented as UserControl xaml) in this Office menu area.

- I would like to keep the recent files functionality when the user is not clicking to any menu item, just clicked on the rounded Office menu button.

- I would like to keep the rounded menu button _if_ possible. If that is possible only with a _very_ complicated hack, then this requirement is optional, but the end users have _strong_ preference for this look and feel. 

Please see the picture: http://screencast.com/t/Jm4RiXJDiEXZ

Thanks in advance.

(PS: I know it is off topic, but how can I upload picture from my local computer? The insert/edit image button brings up a dialog, and there I can only give an _URL_ to the pic, and no upload facility)

I like a UI described in the picture

Parents
    posted

Hi Justin,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking into it and I cannot see the image file. Could you please attach is as a file?

I cannot understand what you want to say with ‘Recent file functionality is working correctly when the user clicks on the Office menu button’. Is this mean that how it is broken?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reply Children