Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Commenting on States clarification
posted

Hey all,

Was just wondering if you could clarify what the perceived workflow would be with dealing with comments on states. Here's what I thought:

• View comment on a state
  • Fix issue.
  • Archive comment.

Was a little confused cause when I clicked Follow Up, I think my first thoughts were that I would be able to comment on that issue as if it was a thread or if I needed clarification. I noticed that when I click Follow Up, it changes to "resolve." Is that just saying I have to work on it again? I was almost thinking it made more sense to have Follow Up and Resolved as the main with the archive as the third. If I needed clarification, I would click Follow Up to discuss and if I finished it, I would make it "Resolved" and then one of us could archive it when it's reviewed and completed. 

Again, not trying to tell you to change anything...just the thoughts I had when I saw it and wondered if maybe I was using it wrong, etc. 

Thanks!

Charles

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi, Charles.

Follow-up and archive options are only available to the prototype owner, and not to the regular viewers.

Whether you archive a comment completely is up to you. But when you archive, it's removed from the comments side-bar for everyone. Archiving may help in situations where you iterated a screen so often that the original comment is now just noise/out-of-context. And instead of confusing other reviewers, you archived it altogether so that the remaining comments are focused on the design at hand.

In related news, we are about to release an update to commenting. If you can email us at indigo@infragistics.com, I can share these changes with you. It's related to what you mentioned in your post. 

Children
No Data