Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Can't fix more than one column?
posted

I am trying to programmatically fix two columns to the left. No matter what I do, it only fixes the first column. I have tried setting the IsFixed for the column themselves, I've tried setting them when I add them in the XamGrid. It only ever seems to fix one column. Is there a limit on the number of columns that can be fixed? The docs say it's a collection.

I'm using 14.2.

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hello jbaumgartner,

Thank you for your post!

I would like you to take a look at the sample project that I have attached in which I programmatically add a XamGrid to a Silverlight application and fix two of the columns. In the sample, two of the columns are fixed by setting their IsFixed properties to FixedState.Left. By doing this, I am seeing two columns fixed to the left. Also, there is no limit that I know of on the number of columns that can be fixed in the XamGrid.

Using the methods described above, I was unable to reproduce the behavior you are currently seeing. If the sample project I have attached does not accurately depict what you are trying to achieve, please feel free to modify it and send it back.

I hope this helps you. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Associate Developer
    Infragistics Inc.
    www.infragistics.com/support

XamGridFixColumnsCase.zip
Children