Infragistics Ultimate UI for Xamarin Empowers Developers to Focus on Innovation
Infragistics delivers new UI controls and productivity tools for Microsoft Visual Studio developers building native mobile apps for iOS and Android with Xamarin
Cranbury, NJ - April 4, 2017 – Today Infragistics, a worldwide leader in providing tools and solutions that accelerate design, development, and collaboration, introduced Infragistics Ultimate UI for Xamarin. Infragistics Ultimate UI for Xamarin pairs fast, beautiful, best-of-breed UI controls with groundbreaking, visual, developer productivity tools—empowering teams to deliver high-performing native customer experiences for multiple platforms without sacrificing development time. Using the Productivity Pack, developers can visually map an app’s entire flow with AppMap and generate all the Views, ViewModels, and Navigation code with the click of a button. They can design app views by dragging and dropping controls to the XAML editor from the world’s first NuGet-powered Xamarin.Forms Toolbox and then visually configure data grids, charts, and other rich controls with Control Configurators, featuring pre-built styles, themes, and built-in databinding.
Infragistics Ultimate UI for Xamarin combines the lightning-fast controls that Infragistics is known for with a Rapid Application Development (RAD) what-you-see-is-what-you-get (WYSIWYG) design-time experience, enabling developers to build beautiful, high-quality, high-performing applications with a rich UX and a robust feature set. Ultimate UI for Xamarin includes flexible Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Android, and Xamarin.Forms controls designed for the most demanding apps, outperforming all other Xamarin controls on the market in high-performance, high-volume data scenarios as well as time-to-market with their groundbreaking Productivity Pack.
Using the Xamarin platform with the Infragistics productivity tooling, UI controls & components, developers can build native apps quickly for iOS and Android in C# in their developer tool of choice - Visual Studio. The benefit of choosing Xamarin for an app dev strategy is the near 100% code sharing across platforms, giving incredible productivity to mobile development teams in the enterprise who have invested in and standardized on Visual Studio and C# for their development needs.
“Our customers are constantly evaluating their approach to building out their portfolio of mobile applications. We believe that delivering productivity tooling alongside enterprise grade UI controls gives enterprise developers the quickest path to leverage their C# skills to build out their organizations mobile app portfolio leveraging their existing talent,” said Jason Beres, Senior Vice President of Developer Tools at Infragistics. “We want to provide dev teams with the tools they need to allow them to focus on solving business problems, doing the kinds of work they got into coding to do, not doing grunt work or wrangling code onto different devices and platforms.”
In addition to the new Productivity Pack, Infragistics Ultimate UI for Xamarin pairs fast, beautiful, updated UI controls with visual developer productivity tools—empowering developers to deliver high-performing native customer experiences for multiple platforms without sacrificing development time. The improvements include:
- Full slate of Controls – Ultimate UI for Xamarin contains a complete array of controls that help build great applications, including: DataGrid; more than 45 DataCharts; Category Chart; Pie Chart; Radial Gauge; Linear Gauge; Bullet Graph; Excel Library. Also coming in May: Mobile Schedule (with Month, Day, Week, and Agenda views); Map; Funnel Chart; Sparkline Chart; Donut Chart; QR Barcode
- App Map – Map out the entire flow of an application with Ultimate UI for Xamarin’s App Map diagramming IDE, including master-detail, tab, and child pages. App Map then generates all the Views, ViewModels, and navigation code for the entire application and a best-practice Prism architecture in a clean MVVM solution. Just press F5 to run!
- Xamarin Forms Toolbox – the first Visual Studio toolbox for Xamarin, with all standard layouts, views, and controls. Drag and drop a control from the toolbox to the XAML editor to automatically add the xmlns namespace and define the control.
- Control Configurators – Configurators provide visual configuration of rich controls like charts, gauges, and the data grid right in the XAML editor, shaving hours off development time. Configure controls and bind data directly from XAML files with pre-built styles and themes and WYSIWYG property editing—no code required. Use the control configurator to learn the rich API’s of the Xamarin Forms controls.
- Easy Setup – Ultimate UI for Xamarin controls are easy to add to a project, simply add NuGet packages. No more manual initialization code, attribute or custom render definition.
- Documentation – Extensive documentation and samples describe, demonstrate, and show how to use Ultimate UI for Xamarin’s powerful, versatile and extensible controls.
- Reference App – Learn best practices Xamarin app development through Moo2U, our end-to-end mobile app showcase with complete documentation and videos in our Xamarin learning center.
“We’re excited to see the tremendous level of interest and adoption of Xamarin by the Visual Studio developer community,” said Joseph Hill, Principal Program Manager of Visual Studio mobile developer tools at Microsoft and Co-founder of Xamarin. “We’re continuously looking for ways to enhance the Xamarin experience for developers and that is why we are excited to have a long term Microsoft partner like Infragistics build productivity tooling and UI controls to help Visual Studio developers build amazing mobile experiences.”
Infragistics Ultimate UI for Xamarin is also included in Infragistics Ultimate, a complete toolkit of UI controls and productivity tools that enable developers to build beautiful, high-performing web, mobile, and desktop applications quickly and easily on any device, using today’s most popular frameworks. Developers can download a free 30-day trial; get started with free Xamarin reference app and hands-on tutorials; and check out a free eBook, “Top 10 Xamarin Tips and Traps,” at infragistics.com/xamarin.
Available for download today, an Ultimate UI for Xamarin subscription is just $799 per developer. This toolset is also available along with our complete toolkit of controls, Infragistics Professional for $1495 per developer, or in Infragistics Ultimate for $1995.
Infragistics Corporate Communications
Phone: (609) 297-4219
Infragistics is a worldwide leader in providing tools and solutions to accelerate application design and development, insights and collaboration for any organization. Infragistics enterprise-ready UX and UI toolkits are used by over 1 million developers to rapidly prototype and build high-performing applications for the Cloud, Web, Windows, iOS and Android devices. Infragistics Enterprise Mobility solutions ReportPlus and SharePlus, gives business users the latest advancements in self-service business intelligence and collaboration software. Additionally, Infragistics offers expert UX Services and award-winning support.
*Product or service names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.